Because of the suspension of the IOC acknowledgment of AIBA, all parts of all boxing rivalries, including however not constrained to all passing rivalries or occasions for or at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will be sorted out and worked under the authority of the IOC Executive Board. The Executive Board has made a unique taskforce with the command to arrange and guarantee the conveyance of the capability occasions for boxing and the boxing competition at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and furthermore build up a Tokyo 2020 Qualification System for boxing.
The implementation of the guidelines and the capability criteria will be the obligation of the Boxing Task Force, the separate national organizations of the game and the NOCs in the fields of their particular duties. Olympic fans from all over the world are invited to book Olympic 2020 tickets from our online platforms for Olympic Tickets. Olympic Olympics Boxing tickets fans can book Olympic Boxing Tickets from our ticketing marketplace exclusively on discounted prices.
Total Quota Places for Boxing
- The proposition incorporates a changed standard appropriation to upgrade sex correspondence, which would increment by 25 percent the ladies’ amount recently affirmed by the IOC Executive Board in June 2017.
- The in general standard of 286 competitors is kept up and will be comprised of 186 men and 100 ladies (contrasted with 250 men and 36 ladies at Rio 2016).
- The mainland circulation has been founded on cooperation and results at the previous two Olympic Games and two World Championships to mirror the scene of worldwide boxing.
- An aggregate of four mainland capability occasions will be held (the Asia and Oceania occasion will be joined), alongside a further World Qualification Event. All capability occasions will be arranged among January and May 2020. The host urban communities for the capability occasions will be focused on/choose from among host nations of later or up and coming Olympic Games.
All competitors must consent to the arrangements of the Olympic Charter that is as of now in power, including yet not constrained to, Rule 41 (Nationality of Competitors) and Rule 43 (World Anti-Doping Code and the Olympic Movement Code on the Prevention of Manipulation of Competitions). Just those competitors who agree to the Olympic Charter may take an interest in the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.
Athletes must be born between 1 January 1980 and 31 December 2001.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to participate in the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 all athletes (including Host Country and Tripartite Invitation Places) must.
To be qualified to take part in the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 all competitors (counting Host Country and Tripartite Invitation Places) must.
- Participate in at any rate one (1) of the Olympic Qualification Events sorted out by the Boxing Task Force;
- Enter in a similar weight classification at the Olympic Games in which the competitor acquired the share place;
- Be analyzed and cleared to box by a Physician, acting under the duty of their separate NOCs and NFs, before each Boxing Olympic Qualifications Event and